Monday, January 12, 2009

Weird World


I learned today about Sea Kittens-- the revamped name for what we traditionally call "fish". 
PETA (People for the Ethical Treament of Animals) is launching a campaign to incite the compassion of people who ordinarily are concerned with animals, but don't give sea critters the time of day. Hence, the new term: Sea Kittens.  It's real.  Go to the website.   And I guess we should be concerned.  Says Ashley Beard, spokesperson, 
"I mean, people don't take their kids out for a weekend of hooking kittens in the mouth and dragging them behind their cars, why would you want to poke a fish in the mouth and drag it by a pole?"
Good point, Ashley.  

3 comments:

earl sullivan said...

i disagree.

earl sullivan said...

because i would do that with cats... if they weren't so quick

Kelli said...

Haha. Sea kittens. I love it. But I have to agree with Earl, because he is right. Cats are fast as hell. But also, fish are more delicious than cats so I don't really know what to do.
Anyways, I do love you and will talk, if not see, you soon dear friend.